Saturday, August 18, 2012

Tangible Time Appreciation

Late in the afternoon after a morning in the cyber realm listening to
The Greatest Internet Radio
MushroomFM

I said to Cullen "Hey shall we go to McDonalds and get something to eat" 
His reply "You mean KFC?" 
Now this reply was because KFC is maybe 5 mins walk from us,
 where as McD's is approx 30mins. 
So I replied "No, McDonalds"  
His second response a luke warm "hmmm yeah I guess."

 ***

So we did in fact get out and walk to Greerton the sky was amazing! 
Piles of cumulus cloud decorated the sky perfectly!
 Like ginormous white bundles of candyfloss. 

The picture below is not one I took. 
It is not even in my country but illustrates perfectly
- candy floss aka cotton candy aka fairy floss -
masquerading as cumulus cloud.

I would love it if we had a fairground like the one pictured here.
The ferriswheel, 
carousel and stalls takes me back, 
to my days as show girl, aka carnie, aka rip off.

picture from and linked to 

I digress. 
Both Cullen and I fascinated at the speed,
 with which these great masses were changing shape.
It was nice to think that the breeze fresh and strong that we could feel. 
Was up there pushing those wonderful forms about.

There was a little traffic and a few people out walking to,
cars were pulling into the liquor store getting ready for the rugby.
I assumed or perhaps just a night of hitting it.

***

At McD's I had to order enough to fill this growing boy.
I only wanted to try the new Lamb Burger so I had to get that combo.


picture from and linked to

As you can see from the picture this burger has some real qualities.
The egg, tomato and beetroot is a real winner for me.
Though I know my good twitter friend 
@kiwisnake isn't a fan of the tomato or beetroot.

I found it quite satisfying and the patty was for me yumtious!
Cullen who doesn't like change much had a Big Mac,
Cheese Burger, Fries & Lemonade.
When we were half way through our meal I said.
"Shall we go to nan's?"
He was much more forth coming and nodding "yeah okay"

***

So after we finished we made our way through our old 
neighborhoods back to my childhood home.


picture from and linked to

It was nice to stroll through the memories.
The air had actually smelt like nostalgia earlier.
Maybe it was that smell at the beginning of our walk that made me decide to go see mum.
Olfactory sense is one of the most effectively subconscious influences,
I think our body possesses. 
Here I have found a site that is all about smell I have yet to explore it all.


picture from and linked to
features an interesting article about anosmia

Mum was pleased to see us and gave Cullen a big hug.
Then we saw the new funny face cat that was eating with the other two 
'who once were strays'

Cullen then went to the lounge to watch Sky Kids Stuff.
We don't have Sky TV we don't watch enough to justify such an expense.
Though when NZ goes digital I may have to buy Freeview.

I had a coffee with Mum and Pat. 
Which I had conveniently forgotten I was trying to kick.
This one even came with sugar. 
I haven't had sugar in coffee for a few years now.
But oh it was so good!
Check out the link to my post I wrote only this morning.

***

Our family have had a bit of a time with a dear family friend having been
diagnosed with stomach cancer and had a few difficulties
during keyhole surgery.
She had a full '6 hour' surgery last week, to remove the cancer after weeks of chemo.
Her surgery was about 10 hours
which had us all a little worried especially as she is in Welly and we aren't.

Caught up on other family drama and for the first time this year spoke of Christmas.
It was like not a mentionable til we knew she would be okay.
Tauranga is looking like the place to be his year which is great should be a good one.

My brother Logan rang to say they were bringing around pizza.
So we caught up with Log, Caryn and my nephew Lil' Sam, oh he is so cute!
I was in for a treat as he didn't cry when he saw me! Yay!
Then when they were going to leave he gave me cuddles. 
Although we jumped in their car for a ride home.
As it was dark out by this time.

So all in all it was a lovely afternoon, evening.

***

Sometimes I focus so much on what I don't have.
That I forget to remember what I do have.
I am so grateful.
I still can.

***



No comments:

Post a Comment